Reformed, Bible-Believing Community
Bethel CRC is a reformed church in the Saskatoon and Warman area. We are Bible-believing, family-friendly, and put a strong emphasis on community. Read more about what we believe.
We are a member of the Christian Reformed Church (CRC) denomination in North America. You can find more information about our denomination on the CRC website.
A church council governs Bethel CRC made up of seven elders and four deacons. Elders and deacons serve three-years terms. Our elders care for the spiritual needs of the congregation; this revolves around pastoral care visits in the home or one-on-one. Deacons care for the practical needs of our congregation and beyond. This includes visiting widows, help with financial needs, mobilizing the congregation for mercy ministry, collecting and distributing the offering, and more.
Currently, we have eight active committees: Worship, Social, Facility, Education, Safe Church, Finance, Nursery and Outreach.
- Worship Committee: prepares and implements worship services under the direction of the church council.
- Social Committee: promotes fellowship within the congregation by organizing church lunches and other social events.
- Facility Committee: under the direction of the church council, maintains and improves the church building and grounds.
- Education Committee: under the direction of the church council, oversees the administration of the church education programs, namely Sunday School, Catechism and Confession classes, Gems and Cadets.
- Safe Church Committee: works to ensure all volunteers pass police checks and follow our Safe Church policies to ensure the safety of our children. You can read more details on the CRC Safe Church site.
- Finance Committee: advises the church council on the financial needs of the church and other financial matters.
- Nursery Committee: arranges for the safe care of babies and toddlers during the church services and other events.
- Outreach Committee: encourages and mobilizes the congregation to reach out to others with the good news of the gospel.
We have two congregational meetings a year that are open to all church members.
Bethel CRC is a family united by the love and salvation of Jesus Christ. We love to connect young and old, men and women, people of all nationalities and backgrounds.
Beyond Sunday mornings, we come together during the week for small groups, Bible studies, catechism classes (for high school students and adults), children’s groups, and more.
We encourage all attendees to become members; speak with Pastor Rafik or an elder to find out more about the membership process.